Keep It completely Real, and you may OWN IT All

I’m fed up with reading the same, dull, boring shit online. Have you any idea of the 1 percent rule? It states that 1 percent of individuals online are those that create content vs. the other 99 percent who either copy or share that content.

There are just a couple individuals and platforms that I love reading. I’ve love for The Hustle and revel in getting Ryan Holiday’s monthly book list. My dude Noah Kagan keeps it real. I love texting him random questions and reading his blogs due to his unique perspective.

So, how would you stand out in a global that doesn’t shut up? That’s the question I’m always asking myself when focusing on my own branding.

29 Things You Should Accomplish Before You’re 30

For my own brand’s success and growth, I’ve learned how exactly to stand out. I have to keep it completely real (or authentic for you personally non-slang speakers). Transparency and authenticity have empowered my professional success and granted me contributor roles with high-level media outlets (Entrepreneur, Inc., etc.), high-level press (TIME, Fox, HuffPo, etc.), personal branding opportunities, paid speaking offers and a loyal following.

Here’s why:

My boy Everette Taylor and I’ve an identical mantra that reads, “Usually do not sacrifice who you are for anybody.” It’s an extravagance that a lot of people can’t afford. Lots of people put on a specialist facade, a dual identity, that pigeonholes them into being that alter ego for the duration of their careers.

More often than not that alter ego is not actually who they are, plus they need to live a dual life. That’s exhausting. I’d rather you need to be open with all that occurs, all that I experience and all that I am. Folks are either going to enjoy it or not. By the end of your day, I don’t care.

I reveal my unique experiences consistently. Below are a few examples:

  • 6 Life Hacks Learned in Prison WHICH WILL Maximize Your Productivity
  • How My Wife’s Sudden Passing Catapulted Me Into Social Entrepreneurship
  • Fire Your Marketing Team and Hire Homeless People
  • 11 Bits of Rebel Advice WHICH WILL Catapult Your Startup Success

Most of us have unique life experiences, perspectives and personas. We’re various different. However, people love the herd mentality. Folks are afraid to take chances and care an excessive amount of about public opinion. Work out how to portray your voice online.

The 6 INTERNET MARKETING Strategies Every Entrepreneur Needs

Not long ago i was aquired online through articles I contributed to Entrepreneur. I was offered a paid speaking gig, weekly in paradise with a paid flight to Barcelona, Spain, free lodging, food and added promotional horsepower for my brand. This opportunity originated from me speaking my mind online and keeping it one hundo (haha … more slang).

Entrepreneur gave me a go at contributing content due to my unique pitches and personal experiences. This content resonated so much with the city I went from once every 8 weeks to weekly to bi-weekly writing. Additionally, I’m now leveraging my contributions with Entrepreneur to acquire additional roles with other high-level outlets. I’ve recently turn into a contributor with Inc.

TIME found this article: 6 Life Hacks Learned in Prison WHICH WILL Maximize Your Productivity

There aren’t many people authoring productivity life hacks they learned in prison. First and foremost, 90 percent of individuals that visited prison wouldn’t consider broadcasting it online. Secondly, few folks have even slightly similar personal and professional experiences that could enable them to create something similar to this.

THEREFORE I was awarded some fresh press opportunity because of sharing my experiences and unique insights.

How exactly to Define YOUR INDIVIDUAL Brand in 5 EASY STEPS

Thought leadership (if you do some merit) may be the result of all the above activities. My buddy Patrick Eckstein and I were discussing this exact thing last week at lunch. Both of us agreed that though it may take longer, it’s totally worthwhile. His company William Painter lives by this same ethos.

Each activity offers a new degree of credibility, which goes to an increased standard of value that can help you get more press, better paid speaking gigs, new contributor roles and a more substantial engaged community. The cycle compounds and continues.

You could have your cake and it eat too (that’s if you’re a cake eater) — an extraordinary online presence, paid speaking gigs, established thought leadership and a loyal following. All you ne

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *